Headed by Snarky Puppy’s multi-Grammy–winning percussion duo of Robert “Sput” Searight and Nate Werth, Ghost-Note is an explosion of sound. With an expansive roster of next-level musicians—representing members of Prince, Snoop Dogg, Erykah Badu, Herbie Hancock, Kendrick Lamar, Marcus Miller, Toto, Justin Timberlake, and more—the band is pushing funk music into the future, building on the uplifting, pioneering foundations laid out by the likes of James Brown and Sly & The Family Stone and infusing their fresh take with tastes of afrobeat, hip-hop, psychedelia, world folklore, and more.
With the release of 2018’s Swagism, Ghost-Note has made their mission clear. The album puts rhythm at the forefront, with irresistible, heavy-hitting beats underlying the group’s wild, rich music. Featuring numerous guest collaborators, including Kamasi Washington, Karl Denson, Bobby Sparks, Nigel Hall, Taz, and others, Swagism showcases the band’s stunning ability to meld and amplify sounds, ultimately adding to Ghost-Note’s sharp, complex collaborations.
Fearless, both in Swagism’s sonic depth and conscious social commentary, the band easily translates this adventurousness in a live setting. Ghost-Note’s live performances are bold and in your face, with the group offering up none of the tight-laced pretenses frequently associated with the band’s jazz roots. Focused on creating seductive danceable grooves and a contagious feel-good energy, each show is an opportunity to let loose and connect, for both fans and the musicians alike.
After forming in 2015, Ghost-Note has already begun to take the world by storm. The group’s two studio albums—2018’s Swagism and 2015’s Fortified—have earned critical acclaim and popular success around the globe, with both albums hitting the #1 spot on the iTunes Jazz Charts. Furthermore, the ever-growing family of musicians has mounted successful headlining tours in the United States, Canada, and Japan and performed at high-profile international music festivals and events.
- Robert “Sput” Searight (Snarky Puppy, Herbie Hancock, Kendrick Lamar) – drums
- Nate Werth (Snarky Puppy) – percussion
- A.J. Brown (Snoop Dogg, Fred Hammond) – bass
- Dwayne “MonoNeon” Thomas (Prince) – bass, guitar
- Sylvester Onyejiaka (Prince, Quantic) – baritone sax, tenor sax, flute
- Dominique Xavier Taplin (Prince, Toto) – keyboards
- Jonathan Mones (Funky Knuckles, RC & The Gritz) – alto sax, flute
- Mike Jelani Brooks (Kirk Franklin, RC & The Gritz) – tenor saxophone, flute
- Vaughn “V.Keys” Henry – keyboards
- DOMi Degalle – keyboards
- Justin Stanton (Snarky Puppy) – keyboards
- Daniel Jones (Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake) – keyboards
- Nick Werth (Galaxe, Yak Attack) – xylosynth
- Peter Knudsen – guitar
- Cody Wright (Eric Gales) – bass
- Jon Jon Webb (Rihanna, Ledisi, Beyoncé) – bass
- Ben Burget – saxophone
- Alvin Ford Jr. (Pretty Lights, Dumpstaphunk) – drums
- Devon "Stixx" Taylor (Justin Bieber) – drums
- Cleon Edwards (Erykah Badu) – drums